Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Newspaper Engagement Announcement


Dad and Mom (Maiden Name) M of Little Town, Illinois are proud to announce the engagement of their oldest daughter, kmattso2, to Mr. T, son of Dad and Mom (Maiden Name2) T. The bride elect is the granddaughter of Grandma Maiden Name and the late Grandpa Maiden Name of hometown, and Grandpa and Grandma M of hometown.
Kmattso2 is a 2006 graduate of Little Town Community High School and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences from the University of Illinois in 2009.

The future groom is the grandson of Grandpa and Grandma Maiden Name2 of hometown, and Grandpa and Grandma T of hometown. He is a 2001 graduate of Little Town Community High School and a 2006 graduate of the University of Illinois. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology and has also earned his teaching and driver’s ed certificate. He is currently coaching Division II college football at Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota and working on his master’s degree in Educational Leadership.

Friends and family will gather to help celebrate on May date, 2010, at Mr. T’s Church in Even Littler Town, Illinois.

Photo courtesy of Brandy Swartz Photography.



I'm not sure the exact rules on when to post your engagement announcements in the newspaper, but I know it has to be coming up sometime soon.  I'm going to wait until December after I graduate so that little part about getting my degree is true! (I'm so excited!!)  Sorry about all the name changes and such, but it's all in the name of privacy, my friends.  I googled a bunch of different newpaper announcements and just pulled pieces and parts that I liked from each one until I was happy with the outcome.  I didn't want it to be super formal, but at the same time be a little formal.  Make sense?

So now I have a couple of questions for you.
Overall does it read pretty well, or is there anything you think I should change or add?
Should I put our mothers maiden names, that way anyone that may be reading it that knew them previously would know who they are now?
Is it typical to have it run in your grandparents' local newspapers?
Do you think it's good timing to run it in the middle of December if our wedding is in May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails