Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cake Table: Part Two

part one

Since our cake table is just going to have a cake on it, I felt it absolutely necessary to come up with some ideas so that we didn't just have a cake sitting on a white tablecloth.  Yes the venue provides it, but that would be too simple and boring!  I'm planning on renting large square napkins in green for the center of all my dinner tables, so it's possible to rent a matching tablecloth to place on the cake table.  But here are some other ideas....


One more place to bring in my monogram!  I'm pretty sure my cake is going to be on a round table.  The first would be cute, but would be a greater expense than the runner.  If I did a runner, it would be white, over the rented green tablecloth.

I am in love with this tablecloth!  I've realized though, that usually happens when something is in my wedding colors.  Oops!  Downside: it costs $160...totally not gonna happen.  But I could definitely recreate this with a little burst of ambition.

A little table decoration wouldn't hurt either.  I first fell in love with the idea of having letters on the table around the cake.  But I didn't know whether to put "I DO" or "MR and MRS" or our last name, etc.


I came so close to buying paper mache letters at Hobby Lobby so many times when they were on sale, but I never could make up my mind what to spell.  It's a good thing though, because this weekend while I was home working my boss decided to loan me something even more awesome.


Sorry I can't share with you the awesomeness that is our whole last name...but I wouldn't want any of ya'll stealing my identity!  But you get the idea with these two letters.  They're these cute white candy dishes that we sell at the store.  She said I should pull them all now to make sure we have them come May.  So now they are sitting in a bag in my bedroom at home, adding to the ever-multiplying pile of wedding stuff.  Had I purchased all of the letters it would have cost me about $50.
So the plan is to curve these around the front of the cake and have them filled with some sort of green candy.  Maybe different candies for each letter?  Either way, I'm excited!  Reason number 186,092 why I love my job.

What do you have in mind for your cake table??

2 comments:

  1. I love the candy dishes - haven't seen these anywhere else before. I'm excited to see how they'll turn out when you fill them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love that runner - Did you see that in my inspiration post from a couple days ago? I'd love to incorporate one like it somehow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails