Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wedding Cake Inspiration: Part Two

part 1

I was watching Ace of Cakes earlier today, (best show ever, by the way!) and one cake kept popping up in the background anytime they did interviews.  I took a picture on my phone, and when I got back to school tonight I sketched it out on paper. 

First, the crappy phone picture.

And my interpretation of this beauty...


(click to enlarge)

Here's what I'm thinking about mixing white and ivory in the layers.  The color in this picture would probably be the darker ivory, and then do a lighter ivory as well.

What caught my eye about this cake was the difference in the layers.  All of the pictures I found and shared during part one had layers with even heights.  I really like how this has differing thicknesses.  It will probably work out better this way anyways because it will be a little larger than the pictures in the previous post, and we do have to feed about 300 people.

Until now, I really didn't know what I wanted for my wedding cake.  But now, I think we're good!  I love the sketch, and can't wait to see it in real life. I should probably run it past Mr. T but I'm sure he won't care one way or the other.

Now we just have to pick flavors...that should be the fun part!
Where did you draw inspiration for your wedding cake from??

1 comment:

  1. ohh! I think I know that cake you're talking about on Ace of Cakes...I even looked on their website but it's not there. Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails