Monday, September 14, 2009

DIY: Hair Flower

I have been on a crafting roll lately and I have one more project to share with you!!  I made a hair flower to wear during the reception after I take off my veil.

This project was inspired by another Weddingbee creation...this time I used Miss Mascara's tutorial.

I forgot to take pictures along the way, but basically I followed her directions step by step.  The only thing I changed, was that I layered different types of material to get the look I wanted.

Here is my finished flower!! I used white satin, a wide tulle netting, white organza, and a pretty white lace.  I added green and white beads to the center of it, and sewed it onto a comb.
And here's what it looks like in my hair:
I need to play with it a little more to get it to lay the way that I want...but otherwise I'm very happy with the way it turned out!
Price Breakdown:
1/8 yard white netting: $0.16
1/8 yard white satin: $0.62
1/8 yard white organza: $0.62
1/8 yard white lace: $0.62
Hair comb: $1.29
Green beads: $1.29
White beads: $1.29
TOTAL: $5.89
So as you can see it was super cheap!! If I had these beads laying around the house it would have been even cheaper!! But now I'll just have to find something else to use them for =]
There is still enough left over from each fabric to make another hair flower, if I'm not totally happy with this one.
What are you guys doing?? Are you going the traditional veil route, or are you wearing something else in your hair??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails