Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Engagement Pictures

I just thought I would share with you all a few of my favorite pictures and do a little recap of our photoshoot.  We met up with our photographer Brandy Swartz of Photography By Brandy back on August 2nd.  Mr. T and I had come home from MN for the weekend to go to a wedding and we thought it would be the perfect time to squeeze in a session before we headed back later that afternoon.

We met up with her and introduced ourselves for the first time.  Neither one of us had met her before because I chose to do all of our initial set up with her over the phone and through email.  I didn't need to see her portfolio or negotiate prices with her, because I had seen her work before and she was charging one flat fee and I just couldn't say no!!

We started out across the street from our courthouse in a little square tucked away in between the downtown buildings.  She takes a lot of pictures here and there are many neat features that can make for awesome backgrounds!
We started out here on the stair case where she snapped a bunch of pictures.
Then we moved about 10 feet over to this old, distressed brick wall and spiral staircase that adds a lot of dimension to the background.
Connected onto this little square was a brick alleyway with cute little doors.
After this we both hopped in our cars and drove a couple of blocks down the street to the canal.
This is one of my favorites.  My feet were sore from being in heels at the wedding the night before, so I took them off and jumped on Mr. T's back.  Brandy turned around and caught us!
We stood out on a dock overlooking the water.
We held hands.
We kissed =]
And that was that.  All in all it took about 45 minutes and she gave us a disc with 121 finished and retouched pictures.  I'd say it was a success.
Mr. T said he really enjoyed it because he got to hold me and kiss me and I couldn't push him away!  He thinks he's funny, but sometimes he tries to hold on while I'm right in the middle of something and it just makes it harder to get things done!!
This was a nice slow down from our hectic lives, and it was actually the last day we spent together before parting ways for four months, so it's nice to have these to look back on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails