Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DIY: Unity Candle

I wanted a really cute unity candle set without spending a fortune, so of course I made my own.

Here is my semi-finished unity candle set.
And a close up on the center pillar.


Price Breakdown:
2 Tapers (1.98 each) @ 50% off = 1.98
Pillar 6.00 @ 50% off = 3.00
2 Taper Holders (0.99 each) @ 50% off = 0.99
Taper Holder 6.00 @ 50% off = 3.00
Vellum and ribbon I had from previous projects.
TOTAL= $8.97

I bought all of the supplies at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale for 50% off.  Seeing this put together, and with the cute holders, I'm inclined not to have a floral unity candle arrangement made.  Our florist originally included this in our quote, but doing without will save us $50.

I would include a tutorial but it is easy enough.  I simply printed out our monogram and date on vellum paper and trimmed it to size.  I attached black and green ribbon to the top and back.  And that's all it took!

I'm still thinking about adding ribbon to the tapers and possibly adding a thicker green ribbon behind the black and green ribbon that is currently on the pillar.

What do you all think?  Should I say no to the flower arrangement?  Does the set look good as is, or does it need a little further embellishment?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, but how did u attach the vellum to the candle?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails