Monday, November 2, 2009

DIY: Wedding Wreaths, Part Two

For those of you that have been around for awhile, you may remember the first installation of this project.  Here's where I left off at the beginning of October.

I went home last Wednesday and found out I had bronchitis again, so I stayed home from school on Thursday and Friday since I was leaving for Minnesota on Friday anyways.  I took advantage of that time to work on a couple of projects, one of which was this, and the other a card box which I'll tell you all about tomorrow so stay tuned!

I didn't get these completely finished, but they're one step closer.  I still need to get some fishing wire from Mr. T or from work to hang the letters, but they now have a bow and hanging mechanism, aka ribbon loop.


First I made two matching bows with the ribbon I used to make our pew bows.  I actually remembered to take pictures of the whole process so I can share with you a How To Make A Pretty Bow tutorial later on this week.  I made sure to leave the tails long on both so they could come down the sides of the wreath.

I added a loop at the top of the wreath and glued the bow to the front of it.  Then I took the ribbon and "strategically" hot glued it along the edges.  By strategically I mean I made loops and tried my hardest not to burn my fingers.

And here they both are finished.  Now they just need the letters attached and they'll be ready to go.

Make sure you check back later for my bow tutorial.  I've used this technique a million times since I learned it years ago when I started working at my gift store.  It's great for wreaths like this, or if you want to make your own pew bows, or on top of presents, I've used it as a tree topper before.  Possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! They will look great once you get the finishing touches on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see them all done with the letters! Look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails