Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DIY: Toss Bouquet

I wanted to schedule a few posts for while I was gone that I didn't get a chance to before the wedding.  Did you guys notice I was posting TWICE a day leading up to the wedding?!  Lately you had been lucky to catch me once every two weeks.  I guess all the last minute projects right before the wedding made for a good number of posts.

The Tuesday before the wedding, I realized that I forgot to order a toss bouquet from the florist, and there was no way I was going to toss my gorgeous bouquet.  So while I spent the majority of that day running errands and getting last minute things, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up some flower to throw together a bouquet.

The whole process only took about 10 minutes, the majority of which was spent wrapping the stems with ribbon.

I bought seven white roses at $1.99 each while they were on sale for half price.  So the entire cost of this bouquet was $7.00  I already had the flower tape and ribbon to finish it off.
There's the item number if you're interested.  They're not the nice, silky feeling fake flowers, but they look pretty good for $1.  It will definitely do the job.

Then I took off all of the leaves, the tag, and those weird pointy leaves immediately under the rose.

Then I just gathered them up in a cluster and wrapped the stems with rubber bands.  It only took like 30 seconds to get these arranged.  Since they're all the same flowers, it was easy to get them arranged nicely.

Then I clipped off the stems with a wire cutter to a decent length, and wrapped the length with floral tape, which I don't happen to have a picture of.   Then it was just a matter of wrapped the base with ribbon.  I crisscrossed the black over top to add a little more color and detail to it.
The base is a little bit thinner than I would have liked, but it works absolutely perfectly for its purpose.  And the best part was it only cost $7!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in with you guys while I'm gone.  I'd love to see your comments and share some pictures with you!  But if I don't get a chance, I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails