Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happily After All: We Walk Down the Aisle Again!

After we said our vows and walked down the aisle, the rest of the bridal party followed us out.  At that point we asked that everyone remain seated, and then Mr. T and I actually went back in to walk down the aisle again.  We decided early on that we didn't want to do a receiving line.  While I like the idea of it, I find it extremely awkward for the bridal party to be hugging and saying hello to all these people that they don't necessarily know.  But at the same point, we wanted to greet everyone that was at the ceremony.  So we started at the front of the church and dismissed the guests row by row so that we had a chance to speak with each and every one of them.  It took quite a bit of time, and I was a little worried about everyone in the way back of the church, but I asked a few of them afterwards, and none of them really seemed to mind waiting. 
After we said hi to each of them, they headed outside and started the tunnel that we would eventually walk through after getting to everyone.
 Our bridal party started the line-up and everyone else fell into place and started visiting with each other while they waited for us to come out.

After what seemed like forever, we finally made it to the back of the church.  And even though it did take quite awhile, I'm really glad we took the time to do it since we didn't make it around to everyone at the reception (but more on that later!).  I would definitely recommend it to anyone over a receiving line.  It was more personal that way, and people could remain seated and relaxed until it was their turn.
And then it was time for our grand exit!  I love the way these pictures turned out with the bubbles and all of our smiling family and friends.

It also made for a couple funny pictures where we're both trying to avoid bubbles in the mouth or eyes.

In the beginning I had a couple different ideas of doing ribbon wands, or fun little pom poms to toss, but I'm glad I went the easy route and did the bubbles.  To me, it's just a simple classic look, and there wasn't any clean up involved.

After we made it to the end of the tunnel, we stuck around for a little bit talking with people, and then it was time to head back into the church one more time for formal family portraits.
(personal photo)

Next up:  Family portraits!

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures are by Brandy Swartz of Photography by Brandy.

In case you've missed anything...

4 comments:

  1. I've seen a few couples do that and I loved it! We just went around to every table at the reception and talked to our guests instead of a receiving line, but I think your way is a nice alternative too!

    And I love bubble pictures! I think they're the cutest - Ours turned out similar with us ducking and making faces to avoid bubbles in our mouths and eyes. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much everyone around here does that where the couple ushers the guests out of the church. Not sure what we're doing yet, but it is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that black and white picture is TO DIE FOR. I love the contrast and the emotion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails