Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happily After All: Getting Pretty

I'm finally back! And I'm hoping to be a little more consistent in my wedding recaps.
We left off 10 years ago with my running around like a crazy woman the morning of my wedding.  When I finally got back to my parents' house the girls were all there and ready and it was just about my turn to have my hair done.  We ordered some lunch from my favorite restaurant and I popped in the chair to get my hair done.  Remember my first hair trial?  We recreated the same look that morning.
personal photos
Some time around now our flowers showed up, and our photographer did too!  She started by snapping some pictures of me putting on my makeup.  I really wish she would have been there earlier in the day to get pictures of all of us getting ready and dressed, but I decided I would rather have her around later in the night.  And I wasn't there anyways while all the girls were getting ready.
At the same time that I was getting ready, our adorable ring bearer and flower girl were getting ready as well.  My cousin and his son actually came over from the hotel early that morning and had breakfast with us and then hung around.  Ella, the flowergirl, came over around the time that I got back.

This is one of my favorite pictures from that morning.  They had just met for the first time the night before at the rehearsal.  Liam is kind of a shy little guy, so I'm surprised how well they got along.

The girls all slipped into their dresses, and then it was finally my turn!  We were running so far behind that we didn't get a chance to take any pictures of all the girls at my house like I was hoping to do.  We actually threw off the whole morning's schedule, because Brandy wasn't able to get pictures of all the boys either.  But more on that later.

Next up:  Putting on my dress!

**From now on, unless otherwise stated, all pictures are by Brandy Swartz of Photography by Brandy.

In case you've missed anything...
A Crazy Lady The Morning Of
Decorating the Reception Hall
Honoring Our Family
The Rehearsal

5 comments:

  1. You were able to get some pics.. they all turned out great! The last pic is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! The kids are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love getting ready pictures, glad you were able to get some taken! And what adorable kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some truly great shots of getting ready! I love it. I just shared my post on getting ready complete with a little bit of video this past week :) Looking forward to more recaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you're back!! I've missed you (even though we've talked a bit on Twitter)! So excited for the rest of your recaps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails