Thursday, April 16, 2009

How Mr. T and I Met


My Version of How We Met
I saw Mr. T for the first time at a mutual friend's house in November of 2008. I had to ask who he was after he left because I had never seen him before.
Side Note* He likes to say that these are HIS friends, but really I was friends with them before I ever met him. I reconnected with an old friend whose fiance is the same age as Mr. T. I started hanging out with all these guys AKA "The Superfriends." They took me in and things were great for about 5 months. During all of this time I never once saw or heard of Mr. T. (You see he had a girlfriend and lived in another town at the time and didn't come around ever). Then one night he finally came back around, and I'd like to think he kept coming around because we started dating. So you see, they are just as much my friends! *End Side Note*
Then a week later we were both at the same wedding for friends of ours and shared a couple dances. The following weekend was the Superfriends Thanksgiving Dinner and I made him be my beer pong partner for the night and we started hitting it off from there. At the end of the night he gave me his number because his phone was dead and couldn't get mine. The next day we both showed up at a friends house to watch a movie and afterwards he told me to call him. I texted him my number (in case he wanted it) and planned on calling him the next day after work, but he beat me to it! We went out for ice cream and drove around talking and we've been pretty inseperable ever since then.

Mr. T's Version of How We Met
I don't remember the very first time I saw Miss T, but I do remember the first time I wanted to know more about her. She always seemed to be where ever I went, but she fit in so well with my friends that maybe it just seemed like she was there all the time. We eventually started talking at our friends wedding. The next week we really got down to the important stuff. We were at a friends party and she kept stealing my hat. I resisted her flirtation for as long as I could. But eventually my interest in her won over my will to stay single because of my career change. I told her that I wanted to move to Minnesota, coach college football, fish a lot, hunt when I could, and raise a family. She said, "that sounds good." I had never met anyone that thought my plan was a good idea before. The more we talked the more we agreed on, and eventually she agreed to marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails