Monday, April 20, 2009

Dress Shopping =]

This last weekend I went dress shopping for the first time!! I went up to Chicago on Friday night to stay with my S and BH at school. BW was there too and we made appointments to go shopping on Saturday. We went to David's Bridal and Eva's Bridal on Harlem Ave.

David's Bridal wasn't bad. I wasn't really expecting to find a dress there anyways, because everything I saw online and liked was from different designers. My consultant did a nice job though picking dresses for me to try on. They also provided you with the slip and bra for trying on the dress which was really nice. I can cross them off the list though of places to go to again because nothing came even close to my liking it. I did have the girls try on a few dresses though. I'm not really sure what I want. I can't seem to find my green color, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do as an alternative. This is the closest green DB had. So I tried black as another option.

I liked the style of these dresses and was interested in the black as a plan B. They're in different colors only because thats what was available at the time in their sizes.

I also thought I wanted a short knee length dress since it's in the summer/May, but now I'm thinking I might need a fancier long length dress.

Eva's Bridal was very nice. They're huge and I got to look through all the dresses and pick out what I wanted to try on. They carried Maggie Sottero dresses, who I had fallen in love with while looking at dresses online. I tried on a bunch of dresses and I think I fell in love! I'm going back this coming weekend with my mom to show her the dress and just to try on a couple more to make sure it's the one I want. BW found her dress there that day and put a deposit on it. It's a really pretty Alfred Angelo dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails