Friday, March 19, 2010

I Ordered My Veil!

MR. T.....THIS POST IS NOT FOR YOUR EYES....IT CONTAINS PICTURES OF ME IN MY DRESS, AND I KNOW YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE IT, NOR DO I WANT YOU TO!

This last trip home to IL, I was there for three weeks, and I took another trip down to Champaign to try on my dress again, pay it off, and bring it home.  My mom and Mr. T's mom were able to go with me and we made a night of it by going to Olive Garden afterwards.  Mr. T's mom had never been there before and she absolutely loved it!

A few weeks before my dress came in, I decided that I was going to attempt to make my own veil, because the one I had my heart set on cost about $200.  I figured if I got the right tulle it wouldn't be hard to do, it would just take a lot of time to bead the edges.  So I stopped and got some tulle from JoAnn's and went about cutting out the two layers.  Basically I just laid it out on the floor, folded in half lengthwise and cut a large "U" shape into it.  Then I sewed a running stitch at the top and pulled it tight so it gathered.  I made two layers, and sewed them together onto a comb and brought it down to try on with my dress.
At home I didn't think it was too bad, but when I tried it on with the dress I knew it wasn't going to work.  Compared to the veil I wanted, the tulle was much thicker/coarser/heavier/whatever and it was much fuller as well.  I knew I could have looked for a more delicate tulle and started over since I hadn't put much time into it, but I didn't want to take off the veil in the store, and my mom told me to go ahead and just order it.
It seems like now, some things are just a drop in the hat when you think about the overall budget.  My parents are being absolutely amazing about this wedding and I feel spoiled, but in a good way.  So now my veil is on order and I'm just waiting for it to come in!

Wanna see??  Of course you do, after listening to that long and boring story.
The third picture is the same veil, but in a single layer.  I decided to go with the double layer because I really think I'd like to wear it in front of my face while walking down the aisle.  Might as well go all out right?!

This is one project I'm glad I switched from the DIY list to the buy list.  One less project I have to do, and I know it will turn out perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. So sparkly!!! I love it!! And truthfully, I don't even like most veils. But a sparkly veil?? I can definitely hop on that bandwagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I love it! I am like a cat..I LOVE things that sparkle. I love all that sparkle in your dress...and the veil fits with it perfectly. SO PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty. How exciting. I never did understand ladies who make their own veil...but then I am not very crafty at all - nothing like you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails