Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks!




Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all are enjoying your holiday breaks, or at least the day off.  I know I am!  Mr. T has been home from MN for the whole week, and I'm absolutely loving having him around and hanging out at our parents' houses.
Today marks the first holiday we're actually spending together.  Last year we did Christmas separately, so this is a big one.  Normally my family goes to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving and we spend it with all of my dad's family.  Mr. T usually spends Thanksgiving at home with just his immediate family.  This year though, my dad is in an outage at work and can't go more than 100 miles away, so we're staying home for the first time in a long time.  So Mr. T and his family are coming over for dinner =]  I'm so glad our families get along so well.  You should see what our dads and Mr. T do to our alcohol supply anytime they all get together.
So this holiday was very easy, but Christmas is going to be interesting.  He always goes to two parties in MN, one for his dad's side on Christmas Eve and one for his mom's side on Christmas Day.  I always do Christmas in Wisconsin so I have no idea what is going to happen then.  But we have a month to figure that out.
In the meantime, here's what I have to be thankful for:
-My friends and family are happy and healthy.
-Mr. T is home for a whole week, the longest I've seen him since July.
-In less than 6 months I get to marry the man I love more than anything else.
-We're getting a puppy!
-I'm graduating in about 3 weeks, and will never have to come back here again.
-Cross your fingers, but I may just have my first big girl job to be thankful for as well =]
-Life is good, and there's not much else to ask for.

So if you're going to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, just make sure to take a few minutes out and think of what you're thankful for this year. 
Good luck to any of you going out to brave Black Friday tomorrow!!  I hope you find some amazing deals.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving and time with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails